Top 10: Game Worlds.
Occasionally I get requests to blog about specific topics…This is one such post and comes from a musical man by the name of Total Fidget, click his name to listen to his songs. So here for your perusal are my top ten game worlds, the virtual places I most want to spend time in.
10. Alex Kidd’s Miracle World – Where else do you get to motorbike through frog ponds and helicopter through jungles?
9. Simon the Sorceror – I actually wish a lot of the locations in this world existed, quaint villages and scenes with lots of character.
8. Animal Crossing’s Wild World – This is somewhere I’d like to go on holiday, a little fishing, bug catching and visiting friends are the order of the day.
7. Final Fantasy 7 – Cosmo Canyon especially, I do have a habit of thinking this game is overated, but the world and variety of locations definitely isn’t. Check out the observatory it’s amazing!
6. Folklore – This game does something very clever in presenting a world which is both whimsical and eerie at the same time. Colourful yet dark.
5. Majin’s Forsaken Kingdom – Like Prince of Persia but better, absolutely beautiful. I think this game gets overlooked “world wise” in favour of Uncharted but it really shouldn’t do.
4. Red Dead Redemption’s America/Mexico – One of the few games in which being a male character didn’t actually bother me, as between missions, I got lost in the exploration of the environment.
3. Monkey Island – A fun and more colourful Simon the Sorceror world if you will, but better for me as I love to be by the sea!
2. Enslaved’s “West” – I’m already tired of people marvelling over the “nature overgrown city” theme of Crysis 3. Enslaved done it years earlier. I love this world for how small it makes me feel whilst exploring it.
1. Fallout 3 - The wasteland in all it’s vast and varied goodness. At first glance it seems a grey and green blur but there is so, so much to explore here. 100 hours in and I still have more places to visit for the first time.
I would love to hear your favourite worlds, so leave a comment below, that’s also the place to request future topics for blog posts.