Some improvements already announced include;
- Changes to the achievement system: You’ll get a new achievement tracker in your UI to make it easier to track progress, and different achievements every day of the week to challenge you and keep the game fresh for the seasoned pros.
- Achievement Laurels: Fancy badges for daily and monthly achievements, which can be redeemed for ascended gear and infusions.
- Guesting: And I quote the official GW2 site on this one “With the new guesting system, you can play with friends on other worlds in the same region (North America, Europe) without changing your homeworld. Guesting is free, but going forward there will be a gem fee for transferring home worlds, so make sure you’re on the home world you want to permanently play on before 28 January!”
- New infusions, amulets and other gear as well as some UI tweaks and enhanced performance in World vs World. There’s also new stuff in the gem store for those who love retail therapy.
- Temple of the Silent Storm Week: From Jan 28th —February 4th, the regular 8 team/3 round paid tournaments will be replaced by 2 team/1 round, paid tournaments in the Temple of the Silent Storm map.
- After the week is over, the Temple of the Silent Storm will be added to the regular rotation of both free and paid tournaments.
Anyone playing Guildwars 2, or thinking of purchasing? Let me know in the comments!